Monday, May 24, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
During the summer there is plenty going on with people whether it’s spending time with family, working a job, or attending college. Ebonie Eboh and Harley Mata are already decided on how they are going to spend their own summer vacation while determining how the weather will disturb their vacation choices.
Nearly two weeks away and people are already planning on how they are going to celebrate their summer vacation. Some people are already skipping school and acting like it’s summer already with their summer clothes and hardly paying attention to dress code. You can’t deny that anticipated energetic FUN-tastic summer fever.
Summer usually is fun and energetic and full of spirit. Some people go to movies some people go to concerts and some people join a band! “Summers totally fun because I’m starting a band. I’m the vocal singer!” Junior Harley Mata says, “I’m going to be the one writing music!” Bands are one of the few things most people do while spending their vacation.
Working…most Akins students decide to work in the summer for the money. Some even choose to go work over parties! Although, several will be working at randomly around places for fast food places, the majority of people who will be working will be working for Wal-Mart.
Interrogating students about jobs and parties, Junior Ebonie Eboh miserably comments, “Nope because I’ll be working.” when asked if she would be joining any parties while in summer. She commented that she’d rather go work for the experience and money than go to baby making parties. I pushed farther to see what kind of work she will be doing she stated, “fast food or clothing...maybe Wal-Mart if I get lucky.”
The weather for summer is incredibly hot since last couple of summers. It has felt like summer during the spring. By the time the summer is halfway through ice cream wont even be able to withstand the heat even after one minute!
“It’s too f*ing hot! I’m black plus band and work so I don’t think it’s too good that’s why I’m not fat anymore.” Junior, Ebonie Eboh screeches while explaining that she doesn’t enjoy the summer heat. Texas is the part of the top 10 hottest US states according to:
http://web2.airmail.net/danb1/usrecords.htm with an average of 64.83 degrees Fahrenheit.
Friday, April 30, 2010
"Making a varial heel flip with his skateboard out of complete boredom, Mark Gonzales tries to hold his necklace out of his face to not get hit by his necklace. He later landed almost perfectly on his skateboard but unfortunately his left foot landed on the ground."
"while in a tree ,William Prine is throwing a Frisbee. He fell and stumbled while trying to get out of the tree and acted like it never happened."
"Matt Tran is catching a Frisbee while at school during photojournalism. He fell down and never really caught the Frisbee which was tossed to him by William Prine."
Monday, April 26, 2010
- What are your plans on how you are going to spend your summer?
- Will you spend most of the time with your family? why?
- List 3 of the goals you want to achieve for the summer?
- Are you going to specific parties while in summer? if so why?
- How are you going to celebrate?
- Will you be following up on school or college?
- What certain jobs are you going to have during summer if any?
- Where are you planning on spending your most time during summer?
- How do you feel about your summer? why?
- How are you going to spend the week before summer stars?
- Are you wanting to go to anywhere you haven't been to see new places?
- Who will you miss the most while in summer?
- Looking back during the school year what will make an impact on you while in summer?
- What have you done on the past summers that you do not want to do in this years?
- Would you be having a family reunion during the summer?
- Do you plan on hanging out with anyone you met this year during summer?
- How do you think summer will impact you?
- Do you think that your summer will be boring or fun? Why?
- Next year after summer will u want to be the way you are next year why or why not?
- How do you think summer will impact you?
- Harley Scout Mata (student)
- Ms. Roberson (teacher)
- Carl Eddington (student)
Thursday, April 8, 2010
- I did something good
- I'm elated
- Having a party
- They're proud because it's awesome
- NO too much pressure
- Freshman so in going into AHA for yearbook because I want to be a photographer
- I don't know
- I really don't think I deserve to be Student of the Month
- 2 days ago inside Photo J
- Be able to voice my opinions with more impact
- Photo J
- I thought it was really cool
- No it just kinda happened
- they such, or they would have won
- yeah I would choose my friends
- Have fun being student of the month & being asked awkward questions
- I never study but I'm passing all my classes well except Photo J